Monday, January 14, 2008

Idiocracy

The movie Idiocracy is a very interesting take on the evolution of the world. One that is probably (thankfully) wrong but still interesting. You see the problem is that intelligence doesn’t not seem to be fully genetic in the senses that idiot parent can give birth to genius, it as many environmental factor. Knowing that and since I believe that the actual fraction of idiot in the society as not changed (their number as increased just as the number of every other people) and that the actual IQ (if we can use that as a measure of the intelligence of someone) seems to slowly increase with time and better education, we seem to be safe from a future Idiocracy. Also to answer anyflower’s comment about my goal for humanity, you have to realize that to get to space exploration we need to have the best education system possible, a system that should in theory deidiotify as most people as possible. Knowing this we can imagine that this project even if it failed would leave humanity with at least a less idiotic society. Also I’m pretty sure that my project is the only one proposed that actually think about having less idiot, all other project only think about factor outside of humanity.

1 comment:

anyflower said...

I totally agree with you. Now I need to learn my math all over again de be deidioticratised...