Friday, September 07, 2007

Freedom from Religion.

Recently, the canadian director of election ruled that it would be possible for Muslim woman to identify themself only using an ID card with pictures to vote. They would not need to shows their face to anyone. I find it innacceptable, incredibly stupid and a mockery of all that keep our democratie fair. It is possible easy even, to get an ID card and a burkha or something else to hide your face and vote, two, three, five, twenty time even oh sure you have to know people that are on the elector list but that not that hard since about 35% of the people don't vote you probably know one or two. I'm sorry but if you want to vote you have to identify yourself in a way that you can actually be identified, having an ID card is not an identication it's possession of a piece of plastic damn it!

I'm getting sick and tired of seeing privileges asked (and sometimes granted) by religous groups or institution in the name or their belief and the freedom of religion. I'm willing to accomodate some religious pratice by for exemple allowing woman that need to cover their face in public to be identified for their vote in a private room by a few appropriate and asermented people. I'm willing to offer them ways to fufill their religious oblication while respecting our laws NOT to bypass our law.

In a way I think we should be granted freedom from religion, might solve a lot of problem...

----------------
Listening to: Yasushi Ishii - P.S. Lord, Have Mercy on Me
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Piccolo said...

The worst about that, I think, is that those women will show their face at the hospital to have free care.... I wonder, if an english immigrant comes here, can he drives on the left side of the road???

Krimpoff said...

I strongly suggest you use the "Commission d'Enquêtes sur les accomodements raisonnables" and tell your opinion there. If nobody goes there, things won't change. We have to use the system.

anyflower said...

Oh Piccolo, you so got that right!!! I suggest that identification could be done by woman in a separate area but there is definetly a need to identify yourself. If it's necessary for me, why not for them??? Yes, the commision d'enquête is a good idea, I wonder how accessible they are to receive public opinion...