Thursday, January 04, 2007

Jehova Witness

I was visited, again, by Jehova witness, unfortunatly (or most probably fortunatly) it wasn't Jenova witness (cue Final Fantasy VII music). Once again they want to convince me that the apocalyspe is coming (or even already started). Well, as you can guess I'm not really warm at the idea of the apocalyspe, kinda annoying with the rapture, the four horseman and the thousan year of reign by the devil. Now of course they don't say right up that they want to recruit you, but they invite you to their bible "discussion" and also they ask you question like: do you belive that sometimes in the futur all disease will vanish? and whatever your answer they point you to the bible where apparently such a thing is said.

A few minutes into the discussion they handed me a propaganda panflet with "proof" of the existance of their definition of god. Which basically is the usuall Intelligent Design/Creationism idea: see look the bible says so! Of course they go on saying: the bible is true , look historical fact fits with the bible... but they fail to provide a single fact that actually fits. They go so far as to interview a ID proponent and pull the usual Evolution is a theory not a fact argument. Really not impressive, oh well they'll be back again I am sur and I will enjoy discussing with them.....

2 comments:

anyflower said...

Oh wow! Poor Jehovah witnesses...
I know your arguing methods and I can imaging those 2 guys were convinced after leaving you that they had definetly gained their paradise! Congrats for having gone as far as discussing with them. I usually tell them something like: "I already have catholic faith and I'm not interested in your rituals. The Bible described God and Jesus as a loving, tolerant and forgiving entity (practically opposite to their vision)and in fact we already worship the same God." That usually sends them away quickly.

yofed said...

My grand-father was rather... cruel with them... he invited them at his table... but the man knew his bible really well... so he kept arguing with them until THEY had enough and left... to never come back! :)