Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Is Halloween dead?

Most people know that yesterday was Halloween, seriously if I hadn't known I wouldn't have realised it. I honestly only saw one kid disguised (in a tiger) and only 2 houses decorated. I remember when I was younger (or maybe it was simply leaving in a smaller town) houses where decorated, most of the kids where disguised and the street where full of trick or treater. Maybe it's because all my plan for halloween (well almost I still got Final Fantasy XII) fell appart (no horror movie "festival", no flags of our father either) but I was felling nostalgic. Oh well must be my old age acting up again.

4 comments:

yofed said...

Here, in Porters Lake, people decorate a lot, make haunted houses, dark paths lit with jack o lanterns, etc.etc.... but you are right, something is not the same: ther was very few Halloween shows on TV... that sucked!

Piccolo said...

Here, houses were decorated and I saw some kids. But it was raining, so, not a good day for Halloween! But all my kids were passing for treatd... I don't think is so different, but when we were younger, we were passing houses to houses, so, we saw all that!

anyflower said...

I think it's probably dying in lots of neighborhoods but think about it: population is gettin older. In the new neighborhoods of the town, where all the new families are, you can hardly drive in the streets at Halloween: it seems that people from everywhere drive their kids there to pass halloween because their neighborhood didn't decorate.

yofed said...

Lol... sounds familiar! Here, kids come in vans at one end of the street, they go trick or treating all over, then they go back inside the van to move to an other area... that's why our street that doesn't has a lot of kids gets 100+ kids on the 31st of October... the first year, we had almost 200 kids!