Sunday, October 15, 2006

Speed dating and single meeting

Last night one of my friend wanted to drag a couple of my friend and I to a single meeting arranged by a dating website. It had officially nothing to do with my birthday (thank all that wished me happy birthday) but it still happened on the night I officially changed age. While we where getting to the meeting we where having a slight misgiving about the whole thing. You know we where imagining how the meeting would go and it was something like that: They'll be 95% of men all of which are older then 50, the few woman would be old, fat, short and ugly. Or they'll be a nice number of woman but all over 40 or 50. Or they wouldn't be any woman present at all... you know the kind of thing we didn't expects much. And boy where we wrong, the average age was around 25-28, most of the woman were beautiful and the party wasn't boring at all. While there I talked to a few woman (didn't get any number tho, but at least unlike my friends I talked to some) and tried speed dating.

Speed dating (said in Stargate Atlantis, Rodney leadership), well it is something I've got to tell you. Not something I expect to work very often, of it is a intriguing experience. Basically you have 5 minute to spend (talking) with a girl at the end of which you write down if you think it would be worth pursuing further or not. You then shift seat to talk to another girl for 5 minutes. If both you an a girl said yes it could be a match you get to know it and theoretically you can talk to her another time. I did not get any match last night, not to surprising, since none of the girl really caught my fancy but all and all it was fun.

Well all and all that was a fun night and it once again convinced me that woman are approachable, maybe not datable but at least I can talk to them without much problem. Now only need to find that super woman my friend Krimpoff mention in his post about my birthday.