Monday, May 15, 2006

Unionising round IV

Well the unionising the student saga continued this morning, for a fourth time they came and see if I wanted to sign their Union card. Once again I refused after a long conversation and once again they did not seem to want to take no for an answer, annoying. I also brought some fact up to their attention and apparently shook their belief. The only problem is that they want to verify information I gave them and will be back.. unfortunately. All this to say that I am getting tired of talking to them, it was fun but by now they should have realised that I was not going to sign the card.

1 comment:

anyflower said...

If they only have to get 50% + 1 of student workers and they spend so much energy on you, imagine how much more students actually said no already. They must be close to the majority but the actual majority is hard to convince. I think it can be an indicator of how weak the project is and I totally support you, Asaathi in your doubts about unions. You pay alot and then all you need to gain privilege is to be working since a long time for the organisation: what about the great work and efforts? I agree with the idea of protecting the workers but not to the extend where good workers come after the senior ones, whatever job needs to be done.