Friday, May 12, 2006

Keeping one's sanity

For the past few weeks there as been work done right beside my office door, now it is the usual linking a new building to an old one kind of work, piercing a wall, laying tiles and all the stuff that will one day hopefully give me a door to the outside less the a mile from my office. Now aside from normal construction noise we did not expect to suffer from any annoyance. Boy where we wrong, I don't know what radio station the workers listen to but it is a soul destroying horror. The only way this could happen without some rift in the space time continuum is if they were plugged directly into Cthullu's dreams...

When I come in in the morning and before I have time to set up my laptop and itunes I usually have to endure at least one Celine Dion song and two other of the same vein that I can't even identify as my brain is trying desperately to shut down my ears. I think I might have event heard the great destroyer himself (Steff Carse)! It is an abomination and they listen to it loud enough to drone normal conversation.. luckily my laptop is filled with music that prevent and even restore the loss of sanity du to Celine Dion's music: prog metal.. and I listen to it loudly (but to be fair to the rest of the people who might enjoy loosing their sanity with my earphones on.) A little Dreamtheater, Symphony X, Ayreon, Blind Guardian, Nightwish and Leaves' eyes can do wonder to save me.

No comments: