Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I wonder if we would do better

I found this story on CNN.com and I can't help to wonder how student in other part of the world would fare compared to the US student. I took the "geography" test the interactive section of the web site offered and scored a perfect score on my first try (big deal that test is very easy, come on pin point Germany on a map of Europe!). Still it is scary to think that 30% of the US student thing the most fortified border in the world is the US-Mexico border, and even scarier in my mind that 47% could not locate the Indian subcontinent on a map of Asia... it a fracking continent how can you miss it! Hell even it's name give you a big clue to where it is.

The rest of the things people did not know is just as scary but I can never help to wonder how our student would fare... can we do better at least like locate Israel on a middle-east map...

No comments: