Friday, December 16, 2005

A short post

I've been very busy with my end of semester rush, but this morning while reading the news online I came upon this article. Read it and then read on please.

Now, if you are going to sue Blizzard over a kid that jump off a building because he "wanted" to reproduce something he did in game, we should also sue the kid physic teacher for failling to teach a boy that hitting the ground at hight speed can cause fatal injuries, the owner of the building for building something you can jump off and kill yourself, the parent of the kid for not noticing his suicidal tendancy and finally George W. Bush since it is fashionable to blame him. (BTW all this is sarcasm!).

All I've go to say is that we are trying to blame someone without trying to understand why the kid really did it.

3 comments:

Piccolo said...

I agree with you (wow!!!). They have big problems in Chinese with video games. Lot of kids are playing too much time and are taking those games too seriously. They have depressions problems, no job problems... And I think the first people to controle that are the parents. They have to controle the time their kids are doing in front of the video game, they have to check what kind of games the kids are playing. But we are in a society who just have to put the blame on other people. It's never our fault!

Manbous said...

Ok this is the first thing that makes sense in a while... (I don't mean on your blog, but in my life right now)
I haven't been following your posts very closely, but I can tell we've got a similar train of thought... Keep it up!

anyflower said...

Oh! So are you telling me the 10,000 golds I've invested in buying a real gryffon on e-bay are lost? WoW is not true? Dammit...