Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Cold medecine questioning...

I was reading the ex-girlfriend project blog and this got me thinking, well that and the cold medecine I'm taking to get over my second cold/flu/sinus infection of the season (Strange that I almost never got sick when I was with my ex.) I asked myself a question have I ever being in love? Sound strange since I am pretty convinced I loved each and everyone of the girl I dated, each for her unique reason and in a unique way. It is strange how love can be so different but still be love. Still I ask myself now was I in love? what is really being in love? Why am I going so phylosophical this morning?

See I never really needed to ask that question (or so I though) I felt that I had being in love with all those girl (and some other but nothing ever come from this unreturned love) but for some reason while reading the ex-girlfriend project I found myself wondering if I had ever being truely in love and finding that I couldn't answer in a way that was convincing.

Oh well no sense getting all melodramatic on you, and since it might just be my old age showing I will return to wondering about it and see if I can post something else to see if I can distract you from my sappiness this morning.

1 comment:

anyflower said...

You know, I always thought of pure love, or of idealistic love as what St-Paul said about it. I don't think everything that's in the hymn to love is completely true (especially about love enduring or bearing all things) but when I think I may live/feel something that is somehow like that towards someone, then I assume I may love... as much as it is possible for a human heart!

HYMN TO LOVE

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels,
but have not love,
I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

And if I have prophetic powers,
and understand all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains,
but have not love,
I am nothing.

If I give away all I have,
and if I deliver my body to be burned,
but have not love,
I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind;
love is not jealous or boastful;
it is not arrogant or rude.

Love does not insist on its own way;
it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right.

Love bears all things,
believes all things,
hopes all things,
endures all things.

Love never ends;
as for prophecies, they will pass away;
as for tongues, they will cease;
as for knowledge, it will pass away.