Monday, December 05, 2005

The Asaathi party for common sense.

I was asked by an anonymous comments what would a party leaded by yours truly be like. Well I decided to answer this here and to warn you: I have no plan of ever starting a political life AND even if I did I would never get elected with this party (I'm sure after reading my "program" you'll understand why.) So without further warning let me beging:

FIRST my party will stand of the abolitions of political party and a reform of Canadian political system. What does that mean? First that I belive that the existance of political party is a big factor in the corruption of government. They make it possible for candiate to vote for laws and spending that are against their electors interess to further the party interest. The party interest are very simple: get enough money (or more) to be elected next election. By removing political party the only loyalty the deputy will have is to his own electors. However this will require at least ONE big change in the canadian political system, namely that the prime minister (who's office would not exist after my passage in it but more on that later) would be choosen in a vote from the chamber of deputy and would be suject to change without triggering an election.

SECOND my party will stand of the separation of the Canadian government from it's england roots. I would move for Canada to become a truely independant country to remove the offices that basically serve only to spend money and sign laws. The governor general? remove that, all the leutenant governor? remove those to! They have no real power, no real impact on society they are many office of tradition that tie us to a country thousan of km away that basically doesn't give a flying frack about us.

THIRD, my party would campaign to freeze investisment in health care and to reform health care in a way that we understand what is wrong with it, why spending billions mores each year does not bring a measurable increase in quality and quantity of treatement. We have in the past increased spending by 4 to 5 billions dollars almost each years and yet EVERY YEAR health care is juged to be underfunded. Tell me how can a 49 billions dollars health care system for a small 30 millions population can be underfunded? How can adding 4 billions to a 45 billion (almost a 10% increase!) can not change at least some things for the better? My opinion (without fact to back it up at the moment I must point out to be fair) is that we are now at a stage that there are so many administrator that to administrate the a new dollard in heath care it cost 1.2 dollars meaning that every dollard spend actually decrease the services the population receive.

FOURTH, In dept change to the military, the canadian military as out of date equipement, is too small for our country size and has (at least in Quebec) a public image that is falling toward Nazi soldier at the end of WWII level. Our military did great things, serving in our military is not a bad thing, not for killer and actually help around the world and the country. That means more money for the military, but also a clean up of the bullshitting and bureaucarties involved. I want the average canadian to be able to say: The canadian military is helping around the world and we are proud of it.

FIFTH, My biggest point I think I want to attack bureaucratic thinking, we do not need that much information on everyone, we do not need that many paper forms. We could first replace many by computer based form saving hundreds of tree each years. We would then reduce the quantity of information needed first off we do not need to know a person sexual orientation, religion, toothpast preference hell we only need basic information about someone. Name, date of birth, sex, social security number (which we know by definition since the governement hand them out), revenu (for tax purpose), martital status, address, and maybe one or two other thing I don't think about right now.

SIXTH, My party would look into wellfare service, It is unacceptable that people receive more then 1 monthly check from wellfare. It is unacceptable that a person can make a career out of being on wellfare. I do not plan on cuting wellfare on people that can work but don't but I think we should find a way to train and have these person work. I will make a point to say that I am only talking about the person who can work and choose not to. Not those that health problem prevent from working.

SEVENTH My party would not care about Quebec becoming indepent and being a distinct society, we would treat Quebec just as we would every other province. No special program to promotte Canada, no special consideration because it is a french speaking province, no special consideration because there is an independant mouvement. I would invest in Quebec as it is a province who's economy is slower then the other.

EIGHT, My party would stop the artificial support of entreprises. If an entreprise needs money EVERY years from the governement to stay in Canada and be profitable then it's probably only pocketing the money we give it. I'm all for helpig new business start, but I am not about to pay for every business to stay alive, we will give/lent money to start and maybe survive an hard hit to a particular market (like 9-11 on the travel industry) but do not expect us to keep you alive for years.

NINTH My party will change the way money is given to the art. We will be willing to give money to every artist but sucessfull artist will have to repaid this money. For exemple a show like star academy that received millions in subvention but made millions more from it would have to at least repaid half (if not all) the subvention money. The point of subvention for the art is to help artist not to give more money to already sucessfull producers and enterprises.

TENTH, My party take a long term ecological stance. I belive that it is impossible to solve pollution tomorrow, however we can work on the long term to break the habits that cause the most polution and to change the way we produce goods to eliminate pollution. Our law won't be a tomorrow affaire but will make sure that in a few years Canada is a clean country.

ELEVENTH, My party will adopt a logical clear and transparent stance on suject. Under our leadership, Canada would not sign a treaty again anti-personal mine while we are still the world largest producer of said mines. Under my party any deputy condamened of a crime or that admit commiting a crime would have to quit the party. We will not make promise we will not try to fufill and we will not offer excuse if we faill to fufill one. We will admit our fault and either try again or move on if it is impossible to fufill it.

Well here it is there are some other point notably on discrimination, salary that might warant being discussed here but I think you get my ideas, and probably understand why such a party will neve exist.

1 comment:

Blue Cross of California said...

Great blog I hope we can work to build a better health care system as we are in a major crisis and health insurance is a major aspect to many.