Sunday, November 20, 2005

Recycling vs pub!

Well I am a recycling kinda a guy, a trait I think I enherited from my ex. Doing recycling means every day/week sorting throught all sort of paper to see what can be recycled and what can't. Most of my paper recycling come in handy bag called Publisac, those of you not familar with the concept it is basicly pubs delivered in a bag to your door step. The first thing: here in Quebec the plastic bag those things come in is not in the home recycling list so you have to find by yourself a place where they take crapy plastic bag to recycle. Then I find that more and more ad are printed on glossed paper that ISN'T recyclable here... I find myself having to throw out more and more stuff because of this. It's almost as if pub people thought about a way of stoping people from throwing out their stuff in recycling without reading them. I hate that.

Oh well I guess that mean I'll be putting a no Publisac sing up soon and stop getting all the free pub I don't read anyway. That would solve the problem nicely except that I am pretty sure that the unclaimed Publicsac go into the dump directly instead of being recycled.

5 comments:

Piccolo said...

I agree with you. There's not much things we can recycle! But at my big brother's, in there recycling bac, they put there plastic bags! I think they can recycle that! And you know, at the grocery, some can give you money to take your old plastic bags to wrap your new food. And the saq has plastic bags that are safer for the planet. We are on the road to be greener... Now, I just want the cost of electric cars goes lower...

yofed said...

Wow, how it sucks to be in Quebec!!! Here, the recycling takes pretty much EVERYTHING!!! We have very little garbage, just meat scraps and what can't be recycled (we don't compost meat, it stinks and attract animals)

anyflower said...

Ici, à Gatineau, on recycle pas mal tout. C'est génial. Aussi, y'a de plus en plus d'épiceries qui vendent des sacs de coton épais à
1$ pour les courses. J'en garde toujours dans mon auto et je les amène partout au magasin, comme ça, je réduis considérablement la quantité de sacs de plastique utilisé, même s'ils sont recyclables ici. Et concernant les publisacs, ils devraient être affichés à quelque part sur le web. ça serait plus écolo.

V said...

mais si de plus en plus de personnes demandent de ne pas avoir de publisac, ils auront pas le choix d'en produire moins un jour. En tout cas, c'est ce que je me dis moi... :)

Piccolo said...

The only great thing Charest's government wants to do now it's to ask a deposit on water bottles! This spring, those bottles will be recycle like beer or soft drinks bottles!