Thursday, October 20, 2005

Stupid age verification

You might have seen this over the internet since like forever there are stupid age verification procedure to register to the most banal things (like forum, newsletter and playing games). Those age verification all work relatively with the same principe: they ask you to provide your birth date so that they can verify that you are indeed above the age they require to give you their services. I don't know about you but I have known since I was like 6 how to perform the basic arithmetic needed to figure age x - minus current year = year I should put there to get access.

I bet that most children these can also do these math and that most people with basic reasoning skill can realise that so why oh why are we still using this pathetic age verification methode? It's not like it work. Well ok I can see that it would allow compagnie X to say if there is a breach of contract or something: well the person lied and as such we are not liable... but I find this a little stupid.

Oh well that just me you know.

No comments: