Thursday, September 22, 2005

Sister Britney [silly post finally!]

I was talking with Yofed and she told me that she dreamed of being either a nun or a sucessfull signer. So that got my mind thinking... what would a sucessfull nun signer looks like, yofed tried to break my fun by telling me of a signing nun that sign orthodox hyms but that did not work so here is what I thought about:

Version 1: We have a pop signing that is a nun... a sort of 18-20 girl that choose religion, became a nun and to repopularise the catholic (or another church with nuns) decide to spread her message throught pop song... We would have that pretty 18-20 girl (think of a Britney Spear kinda girl) signing something like :"Bless me baby one more time!" or "I'm a slave for God" or "From the bottom of my god loving hearth" in her nun outfit while scandly (by scandly I mean that you can see a few millimiters of skin) glad man and woman danced suggestively behind her (by suggestively I mean in a catholic faith like maner, you know praying, walking down the aisle and after a mock wedding sharing their first missionary style night of happiness...). I can see the cover of her album showing her diffamously showing her ankle under her skirt and moving more daring from her with the last one showing a shoulder! We could have special show where priest and other nuns pass the communion around the cheering crowd, reading of the good book in the middle of the show.

Version 2: We have a pop signing that is a nun... a sort of 18-20 girl that choose religion, became a nun and to repopularise the catholic (or another church with nuns) decide to spread her message throught pop song...We would have that pretty 18-20 girl (think of a Britney Spear kinda girl) signing something like :"Bless me baby one more time!" or "I'm a slave for God" or "From the bottom of my god loving hearth" in her modified nun outfit, it is a clingly skintight almost transulsit black fabric. In fact in some light some of her fan swear they saw some skin. On each side of her dancer dress as nuns and priest in the same skin tight things except instead of they are real young priest and nun that for some reason know how to dance and want to give a younger face to the catholic church. She would hint at sexuality while not giving any and making sure the message of god goes throught with mariage and the 10 commandement.

Now, wouldn't that be a funny fresh idea? Well maybe it isn't a good idea but it would be a fresh idea no? at least it's silly?

5 comments:

yofed said...

What he forgot to say, is that we were talking about little girls dreams... they usually dream about getting married, but I was dreaming of becoming a nun or a very good singer... ok, for a while, when I was 4-5-6 years old, I wanted to have 12 kids, but never get married... and I totally dissociate myself from that blog, by the way.... that's just wrong!

anyflower said...

Asaathi, you lack of imagination is obvious! Don't you know such a movement already exists? Ok, not with undressed nuns and priests but Catholic pop rock and alternative music is a growing movement all around the world (especially in USA). I heard a few songs and must say some of them were pretty cool. For example, Tom Booth's "Taste of Heaven" rocks!!! You know I'm not very devoted to religion but it's a good thing young catholic have artists that vehicle other messages than "I want you baby!" and "Gonna kill ya mother f/*%er!" .

About Yofed's dreams... She would have made an awful nun as she would've been stuck to hear sappy music and be sober all life long. Nevertheless, she would've made a great signer... isn't she one already? Yofed, you're my favorite Traviata! Can I be your Carmen? ;o)

yofed said...

lol... yup, Traviata would be the one that suits me the best.... but are you really the man eater Carmen is? I don't think so!

By the way, you never heard me sing.... :P

Piccolo said...

Ok, some people seems to have to much time... By the way, watch the movie "Rock and Nun" and you'll see what could be a nun who sings! And "Rock and Nun 2", you'll prefer, the girl are not to "big"...

yofed said...

It seems that Amy Grant is one the the biggest names in Christian music...
http://www.nbc.com/Three_Wishes/amy.shtml
oh, and by the way, I went to get a crucifix for my son's new room, and I got a cd of christian music for nothing, if you are interrested.... It doesn't sound bad a t all.... if you don't listen to the words, anyway... :)