Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Classical.

I've been in the mood to listen to classical music, not just any classical music but grandios epic kind of classical music (kinda like Ride of the Valkiries or things like that) but sadly I suffer from a lack of that kind of classical music. So you, (yofed, picollo and even you anyflower!) my music knowing friends have to suggest some that I could listen to. The best suggestion will get a personalised post on my blog, yes, the suggestion I like the most will have it's very own entry in the magnificient words of my blog! Ain't that a great price? well probably not but hey it's just about all I have to offer ;-)

6 comments:

Piccolo said...

I think my favourite of all time is Beethoven! Classical you'll say, but Yes... The 9th symphony... Or the second movement of the 7th symphony. I love that!!! Try that and try to say that your arms hairs didn't get up!!!

anyflower said...

I'd go for Berlioz's Fantastic Symphony. The walk is especially powerful (3rd movement, I think).

anyflower said...

Hmmm... I want to add that Beethov is a good choice for powerful masterpieces. Also look for Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana" (O Fortuna), Aaron Copland (Fanfare for the Common Man)and Gustav Holst (the Planets), Anton Dvoräk (symphony #9 "of the New World"), Georges Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue", Mussorgsky's "Night on Bald Mountain" and piano concertos from Rachmaninov. Now probably have enough suggestions for now. If you need more "calm and peaceful" music suggestions, feel free to ask.

P.S: the name of the Berlioz walk I recommended is the March to the Scaffold

yofed said...

You definitely wouldn't like my music.... I am crazy about Debussy.... his "prelude a l'apres midi d'un faune" is wonderful, especially if you take the time to read the poem... the "little negro" is funny too very far from Wagner though... but I really like the pilgrim's choir from Tannhauser.... and there is a lot of music from Aida worth listening (my son dances on it!)... And what I like the most is opera, so nothing that would really interrest you! Sorry! Well..... Music from Richard Strauss is also worth listening...... especially the Rosenkavalier....

Piccolo said...

Yofed, did you listen the Humperdick's Opera "Hansel und Gretel"? It's my favorite of all!

yofed said...

No, I never heard it... all I know is that I played a part for flute from it when I was in high school/// lol