Monday, August 29, 2005

Parent need to let there children go

This is what I am refeering too. Parent event if they love their children got to know that children should be allowed to make mistake on their on and also to pay for their mistake on their own. Sure, parent wants what best for their kid but with today's short term vision they most often forget that the best in the short term will make them unable to be independant and wholesome later in life.

It all bogs down to learning responsability you know, if someone else always solve your problem for you when will you be able to solve them yourself? you will always end up blaming someone else for your mistake and expecting someone to pay for them...

So please parent when your kids get to college let go, advice them but do not control their life or try to solve all little problem for them. They'll manage and will be better person for it.

3 comments:

anyflower said...

Hell ya!!! I know what you're talking about, considering myself as being reticent about my overprotective folks. In fact, that's the main reason why I moved to Qc city when I was 16: get to breathe a bit! Now, even if I'm 25 and not living with my parents anymore, they still want to decide things for me, based on their religious principles. Very annoying! Normal growth involves diffenciation of the young adult from his parents. It's a good thing school focus on that now!

yofed said...

lol... then my son will be happy... unless he does something dangerous, I let him fall and get hurt.... and guess what? He can deal with these things better than the other overprotected kids at day care.... I guess I'm on the right track...

Piccolo said...

My sister have parents like that (just her, not the three other kids...) and she's a girl with big problems now! But, my parents are always there to get her out of trouble, so she never learn!