Monday, April 25, 2005

Answering e-mails makes you dummm... euh less smart

The effect of e-mail on IQ a news article on CNN.

You know what that means don't you? stop checking those damn mails and get to work. You'll be smarter (or shouldn't the correct word be productive?) that way. I a way I find the finding of this study logical, if you spend more time checking and answering mail then working you'll look stupider then someone who only works. hey, seems that computer hurt us in one more way... after reducing overuser's body to blobs of fat they are turning their mind to jello.

4 comments:

Cunning Linguist said...

Does it count if you leave your email browser open and have it set to check your mail every minute?

No one ever emails me, though. So I guess it's OK.

asaathi said...

I guess that if no one ever emails you that's ok. But I think it doesn't count if you let a software check for you, unless you look up into your software every minute to see why you haven't received mail.

Cunning Linguist said...

Well, it makes a little "ding" every time I get email... What does that mean?

asaathi said...

Hmm according to the study that the sound you're brain cell make when they are mourning the death of one of their own. Kinda like our church bell you know ;-)